April 18, 2009

Hu Tong

For those of you who dont know a hutong is an area where the poor live in beijing. It is king of the projects of this city. Of course they used to be really nice neighborhoods and each building was a single family residence with the courtyard and all, but that all changed with the "liberation". At any rate I was in a neighborhood like that last night hanging out with my friends and getting drunk while sitting on some folding stools on the sidewalk. This is what can pass for an al fresco bar here in beijing. At any rate I think I had too many and then I had to go home. I made it back just fine and when I arrived home the foreign students of the college I work at were having their own party. I felt so old it was only 2 and I was annoyed because I wanted to go to sleep and they had the music up and were talking and dancing. I thought to myself if I were just 5 years younger and had about 7 less beers I would go and join them, but I am just too old now and like I said I had had way too many on the sidewalk. Sucks to get old. I advise strongly against it.

No comments:

Post a Comment