April 19, 2009

time

This year seems to me to be ripping by at an astonishing pace. I just looked at the calender and it is nearly the end of april. I dont even really remember march happening. What is wrong with me. Anyways I was just considering why time seems to pass so much faster as an adult and I think my working theory is as follows, time is not true. See time is really about the spaces between new or notable events. Thus as you get older and less new things or memorable things happen time seems to go faster. Think about it when you were a small kid one day could very well bring you three or four new things, get stung by a bee, ride your bike with no hands, have lasagna, read a book on your own. Four things in the same day time passed very slowly. Now as an adult well do you really want to know what I would need to do to have four new things happen in the same day. Anyway as fewer new things happen there is no new markers for time passing thus I can look up and it is already april 19. See if nothing new happens anytime soon it will be june. See what I mean. time isnt true it is just marked by new things. I might need to go do some sky diving or something so I can "feel young again". Thats what I have been thinking about.

1 comment:

  1. today i 4 new things happen to me. found a live bobcat in my backyard, drove a minivan, ate spaghetti, and read about a weeks worth of blogging.

    ReplyDelete