April 24, 2009

people its people....

I went to the grocery store today as I do most fridays to buy the goods for the week and I had a bit of a strange experience. I was going down the aisle to the checkout counters and of course i walked past the first few lines as they had way too many people lined up and I had gotten about half way down and I saw a line that wasnt very long so I decided to put my cart into line. Now I wasnt in much of a hurry as I didnt have a lot more to do today but I still was trying to pay and leave, well as my cart gets toward the pulling in part a woman comes running and slides between my cart and the conveyor belt, and I guess that make her technically in front of me, Ok, no problem so far I mean if she is so desperate to get ahead fine. But then a full 30 seconds later her husband comes pushing his cart and bangs it into mine as if I hadnt been there the whole time. I swear sometimes people here amaze me and not in the good way. So this lady reaches over my cart and into her husbands and begins to unload her groceries onto the conveyor. I swear in any truly civil country that doesnt happen. I dont care if there are 1.3 billion people in china, they all are not in the supermarket trying to pay so there is no reason to be a complete idiot and show how little education, manners, upbringing, concern, value, and worth you have. I just went to the next counter and got into line there. I had to wait a little longer but at least I wasnt being personally polluted by the overwhelming morons that I had just encountered. It gets better though, so now I am in line and my stuff is actually on the conveyor at the new line and an old lady comes up behind me and is actually pushing me as if that will make the teller ring me up faster. She only had one box and it didnt look heavy so I am not sure what her problem was. The only thing I can figure out is that there is a long row to hoe before this place is ready to take any place on the world stage.

No comments:

Post a Comment