April 15, 2009

taxes

Hey Hey kids. It is tax day in the US. My favorite day of the year, the day I get to give my government some money and wonder what it is that they do with all of my and your money. What I want you to do is to look around, what did the government do for you today? Did you take public transportation? Subsidized. Did you drive to work? Subsidized. Is your workplace safe and you need not worry about a steel I-beam falling on you? Paid for by the government (OSHA). Is your water ok to drink? EPA. Did you take any medications today? FDA. Is your home occupied by soldiers? Really it is? I dont think they are allowed to do that. I will check it out but I am almost certain that quartering soldiers is a no go in the US. So I guess what I am saying is that while I dislike the vast majority of what my government does I do appreciate that I dont get all the government that I pay for. So when you pay the piper for the year and file those taxes be thankful that the government is working for you. If it isnt, well I dont really have any options for you. Buy the ticket, take the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment