February 21, 2009

arggghhhh.....

Have I ever told you how much I hate to type? Let me tell you why. My childhood was full of hope and lies. Fortunately these went hand and hand and danced a fine waltz that left all of us children slack-jawed with wonder. However when it was much to late we realized that the lies and hope were unable to continue to coexist and soon the whole thing came crashing to the ground, bleeding profusely and teaching us all never to trust again. Here is how this relates to typing. When I was in middle school computers for the home were just coming out, and they were expensive so naturally everyone wanted one. After a few years my parents bought a commodore 64/128. I entered high school and while debating the elective courses that were offered at my school I was going to take a keyboarding class, taught on real typewriters, but the counselor told me not to do that. She was sure that the computer would have voice recognition and typing would be a thing of the past. So I listened to the wise sage of my school, and stood with my mouth agape as hope and lies took to the dance floor once again. I think I took a cooking class instead and I am by the judgement of others a pretty good cook. Unfortunately I can not type at all. I use two fingers and never remember where the letters are. It takes me forever to write anything. And right now I am writing 4 different syllabi and lesson plans for all my classes which begin next week. Just took a break to vent. Funny that I have to type this out doing exactly the thing that annoyed me in the first place.

No comments:

Post a Comment