February 20, 2009

meetings

I had two different meeting today, and neither of them were very productive. The first was a general meeting and classroom viewing, in this meeting I understood absolutely nothing as it was all in chinese and at the end I was able to ensure that the laptop actually connects to the overhead projector. I did. two hours later and I have figured out something I was already 99% sure about. Them off to lunch but not lunch on my own oh no lunch as part of the college group, fun more sitting around and not understanding. Lunch was average at best, For all the love of food that is evident in the way most chinese talk about the food of china it is constantly a source of amazement how much of the food is more or less the same. Of the 13 or 14 dishes that the restaurant brought 10 were in a brown sauce only one was uncooked, and the others were stews of some variety. I really wanted a big salad with fresh lettuce and tomatoes and cucumbers but alas this is not in the repertoire of the cooks. After lunch I had another meeting with the dean of a different school where I will have a part time job. He was nice enough but a little strange. I am not sure if the way I look threw him off but he seemed under the impression that I had not taught before. Just a feeling that I got. anyways now I am home getting ready to cook dinner, chicken and mashed potatoes and a huge salad to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment