January 10, 2009

sports

Yesterday was the end of college football and I went over to a friends house to watch the game. He is a florida graduate and was of course rooting for them. As I watched the game I got to thinking about how much the sports culture of the US dominates life. If you still live in the US the next time you go to a bar notice what is on the TV. I will bet you it is a sports game, and probably not one of the home town teams. Perhaps in beijing there will be more places to go and watch big games with bigger crowds, but here in my little village there isnt a single bar let alone a sports bar so there is nowhere to watch the games. On a related note I have been loosely following the NFL playoffs and I can not remember a more boring post season. There isnt a single team to cheer for. I mean really, go ......who? See all the teams are shit. There isnt an interesting story about any of them. ah well . Just something i noticed. Thought I would share.

No comments:

Post a Comment