January 7, 2009

organization

So I have begun the long and arduous process that is moving. Really I have just begun to look around at all the shit I have accumulated in the two years I have lived in this apartment. It is amazing what one can collect. Worthless things that I have no idea why I even own it. And some clothes that I havent worn since I got here. It is pleasing in many ways, not the part about seeing all this crap, but the realization that soon I get to light a huge fire and burn all the stuff that I have no need for. I may donate it, but I like the image of a cleansing fire much better. I think in the new place I will try a different approach and not accumulate stuff, why do we as humans like to have things? Is it innate? Do we learn it? How many things do you have that you dont need or use and they just sit there creating clutter and taking up space? I will be better about having less. Of course as I write that I have another window open on my computer looking at laptops, which I will go and buy probably tomorrow? But I need a computer right? Without one you wouldnt get the pleasure of reading my blog.

2 comments:

  1. when u burn your stuff,let me know,i will bring mine...

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first time I moved away from Oregon and came out to Boston, I sold or donated more thatn 3/4 of everything that I owned, and it was the most liberating thing I've ever done. A few times a year, I go through my stuff and donate things I don't use, need, or have the space for. It's the best feeling ever, so I wish you luck with your cleansing!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete