June 22, 2009

vast

got into the car of a friend today and traveled for a 2 hours from one city to the next and realized again how vast this country is. I made so little progress towards my destination and so little of a dent on the map generaly that it is kind of scary that all of this land is administered by the same government. On the other hand when i arrived to the destination it was basically the same city repeated. The sameness of cities across the US is not something that is one of our better achievements. Just some stuff i thought about as I looked out the windows. Also glad not to be in Iran right now.

1 comment:

  1. It gets worse, the middle of the US is all cornfields.... after awhile it *will* drive you insane. Trust me, I've driven across this country twice and the middle's got nothin'!

    ReplyDelete