June 20, 2009

help

Normally I am not one to advocate the helping ways. I try to do my part and get on with life but I was told about a pretty cool website that seems to be doing some good in the world and i thought I would share it. Here is how it works, you sign up and register your bank info then you look through those people that have applied for micro loans, some of the projects are from families trying to buy their own rickshaw so they can earn a greater portion of the days wages to send kids to school, some are women needing 100 dollars to renovate a business of increase fruit stand merchandise, it can be whatever. Then you select how much you want to loan $25 and up, the money gets collected from a bunch of loaners and then sent. The person getting the loan gets it at super low interest, makes payments and you get your money back. The website has 98% payback and has loaned more than 2 million dollars. Personally I loan to people who need money the expand a bar in nicaragua and a woman that wanted to increase production of beer in uganda, hey when i get to uganda I am going to need a beer and she better still be brewing. At any rate seems like a simple way to improve some peoples lives and it beats the hell out of letting BOA or CITI use my money to make absurd payments to CEOs and CFOs for nearly bankrupting this nation. The website is kiva.org. check it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment