June 18, 2009

target

I went to target yesterday and was again struck by the vast mount of stuff that there is to buy in america. Aisles and aisles of clothes and sports equipment and food and I found a two and a half pound bag of reece's peanut butter cups minis. Talk about excess. Noone needs two and a half pounds of that ever, yet there they were staring down from the shelf on sale and waiting to be purchased and restocked. That was what got me not them being there but the entire network of the things stretching back to the factory and the nearly endless supply of everything in the store. Them I started to think about all of the other target stores out there that are the same and it is such a vast amount of junk it is incomprehensible. At any rate I bought a pair of shorts as i wanted a new pair but before purchasing them I made sure where they were made, nothing from china for me thanks. It is the smallest gesture that I can make to show my lack of support for the corrupt and repressive regime. I realize that bangledesh and other countries are not any better but I live in china and have seen first hand how completely wrong that system is.

No comments:

Post a Comment