April 3, 2009

footie

I finally got to play a footie match today. And I Sucked. I guess that should come as no surprise when I havent played in like 7 months. But it was the fundamentals that killed me, I missed two traps completely. The ball just rolled on by. I was not amused. It was rally fun though. I wish I could play some everyday. Perhaps I will try to make it a habit of going out there at least two or three times evry week to play. I did score one goal on three attempts so the day wasnt a complete bust. Other than that I went to the market to buy some wine and food. More wine than food. The wine here in china is surprisingly palatable. At first when I arrived I bought the mid range stuff and found it was really sweet and almost like juice. But as I moved down the price range it got less and less sweet. I have found a decent cabernet that has good body for 22RMB per bottle. Thats about $3.50. Try to find one of those in ylur local grocer. Also the store I went to was clearing out all there indian mixes. The other week I had made a tikki masala from mix and it was really good. Now usually the mixes are like 18RMB each, but today sale price 5RMB. I bought one of everything. I have food and wine for a week, no work for 3 days and the nice weather has returned. Happy Happy Joy Joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment