March 27, 2009

last night

I went to a bar with some friends and a really strange thing happened to me. I was standing by myself watching some people play pool. I wasnt interested in the conversations that were happening nor did I want to play pool just wanted to stand around by myself for a little while. A bit anti-social I know but hey. Anyways this guy comes over and asks if I want to join his friends to talk. I told him thanks but no I was happy standing around without anyone. He said ok and left. Then 2 minutes later a girl from his group comes over and asks the same thing. Again no thanks. OK so sorry. I stand around for a few more minutes and then the guy comes back with a beer to give me. And again asks me to come join them. Now it is probably pretty clear at this point that I dont want to and my friends are literally like two steps away so it isnt as if I am the only white person in the bar and am alone, I just happen to be standing outside the circle of those I came with. I try to refuse the beer but to no avail he insists and then leaves me alone. Thank god that is over I think. How wrong I was a minute later both he and she are there together and I have to explain again that I really dont want to join them finally they leave and I go back to talking with my friends. For the life of me I cant figure out what they wanted from me. Were they just kind folk who saw a person alone? but why insist 4 times? Did they just want an american at their table? Why not ask some other schmuck to join them? What was going on? at any rate it was fun to go out and today has been lazy and unproductive. Perhaps I will plan some lessons then take another nap.

No comments:

Post a Comment