February 8, 2009

shopping and dirty bastards

In the last two days I have gone to two different markets here in bangkok and while I hate to shop I needed to buy some gifts for those friends and coworkers back in beijing. So here is what I noticed, we collectively as americans are absolutely terrible representatives of our home. I walked through the market listening to people talk and looking at how well dressed and clean the people were. The italians on the whole were well dressed and clean those who were speaking spanish the same. The americans however were fucking dirty and generally looked like shit. I know that it doesnt mean we are bad people, but come on americans we are representing our country weather we asked to or not, and you not shaving or showering for a week, never changing your clothes and generally being slovenly doesnt help our cause. It really got to me today as the thai people put a special emphasis on cleanliness and hygiene. Other than that did in fact find the things that I was looking for. Didnt pay too much and tomorrow I head back to china.

No comments:

Post a Comment