February 7, 2009

if you dont know me by now

And if you do you will surely know that I am no great fan of children. In fact I am much less than a fan I have found no reason at all for me to like them. And yet the reasons not to like them just keep piling up. So the island part of my vacation has ended, I'll get up those photos as soon as I get to my own computer again. And after a three hour ferry back to the mainland I had to wait for about 5 hours for the sleeper train to arrive, not that I am complaining about the wait, I knew well in advance what time the train would arrive and was thus prepared. However, when sold the ticket, I was not informed that the train car I was in would have a screaming, shrieking bundle of joy. I boarded the train at midnight and it was due to arrive to bangkok at 8:30 so I had 8 and a half overly joyous hours of that infernal thing screaming and crying. It wasn't constant mind you, that I would have been able to filter into constant background noise. Oh No this was silence interrupted every 45 minutes or so by the wail of a banshee being scalped. So I couldnt sleep as you may have guessed. And bangkok is still bangkok, big and dirty and without any place to get a reprieve from the noise. I will be back to zhengzhou in 3 days then in two more days my tickets are fixed for the train to beijing. I will take the day train and hopefully the "one child policy" will work in my favor and I will encounter none.

No comments:

Post a Comment