February 5, 2009

lions and tiger and sharks

oh my. I made it back from the kayak expedition. I didnt make it all the way around the island but did find a stunning beach with fantastic snorkeling and a great tree to lounge on. I also went out for a snorkel by myself, no tour no guide nothing . And I was tooling along, just minding my own business looking at the fish and coral when I see a huge shark, fucking christ it was terrifying. The thing was massive like 5 feet long and so calm and powerful just swam right by me it couldnt have been more than 3 feet from my face. So I followed it for a while and then headed back to the beach for some sun. Other than that I have been drunk almost every night eating lots of fish and generally relaxing. I highly recommend it to everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment