January 19, 2009

why must things be so ...

For all the bitching and moaning I do about china and the things I see here I must say one thing they have in spades is that the airlines dont take every opportunity to rape you for your cash. So I am trying to go to thailand for the few weeks that are left before I must return to teaching (only 8 weeks off this time around) and I couldnt get tickets from shenzhen(a city in the south of china) to bangkok because of the chinese new year. I had already bought tickets from Zhengzhou (where I lived in china) to shenzhen(still in the south) and would have to spend about 4 days in a city I didnt really want to be in. So I went to the ticket office and asked could I change my flights. Now I am supposed to fly in 3 days Without hesitating the woman asked what day and time I wanted my new flight I told her she checked for availability and said. "ok you have been changed". No fees no hassle nothing. Can you imagine that in the US. It would have cost a fortune to change the flight. So next time you get onto an airplane in the states, remember to thank them for the pleasure of being fucked over.

No comments:

Post a Comment