January 23, 2009

post

Each passing day brings a new adventure. That is if you are lucky enough to have a life like mine. My little adventure for the day, going to the post office. Yippee!! You may think that there is little to no adventure in going to the post office, but you my friends have no sense of wonder and achievement (you most likely are also fluent in the local language and dont have to deal with small town incompetence.) I actually havent gone to the post office yet but I am preparing for the worst. Here are my predictions, first I will go and they will look at me like I just fell from the sky. Then they will assume I want to send my things to america, which I dont I need to mail them to my new house in beijing. Then they will insist that I want to send it to america. Then it will get really fun because after arguing about beijing and not the US I will have to have one of the workers write the address on the paper (my writing of characters is worse than my reading) then we will have a long discussion about time and cost of which I will understand about half. Then they will finally take my money and off the things go. Of course this all is under my assumption that the post office is open. I am telling you life is so much fun. I have no idea what I would do if it were easy all the time, I would be so damn bored I would kill myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment