January 22, 2009

bustling town

As I have said I am back in my little town and yesterday I went again to the market (yes the dirty one) to get some vegetables for the few days I will be in town. What a surprise was in store for me there. As it is nearing the big holiday for the chinese the market was jammed with people, like I have never seen it, thousands of people, millions of dead chickens, hundreds of millions of stalks of celery. Really something to behold. I wish for your sake I had my camera, but alas I didn't. So I bought my veggies and walked home. It was nice to see the locals getting all ready for the holiday, it reminded me of the days leading up to christmas when you go to the store because you forgot to buy some small thing and the store is buzzing with activity. Really a pleasant feeling knowing that there will be big meals cooked, laughs had, and memories made. I wonder if any of the chinese families have holiday meals and experiences like I had? I would hazard to guess no, after all my family is, I will be generous, they're "special".

No comments:

Post a Comment