January 21, 2009

bitter

so I returned to the college I used to work for in order to pack and prepare for the vacation to thailand. I will only be here for 3 full days so no big deal right do some laundry clean a bit get organized to move and then be off. Oh how the world conspires against me. Ok not the world the unbelievable stupidity of the schools heads. Now some background. It is the Spring Festival right now in china(aka chinese new year) and it is really important for the chinese to be home with their family. So only a few foreign teachers are still at the school and fewer chinese teachers. All the higher ups have gone. Mind you it is nearly impossible to get ticket to or from any city in china at this point. So on the notice board at the entry to the apartment there is a note, the heat and hot water will be turned off for the holiday. Now I do not live in a warm climate. It is cold here, snows and stuff and without heat or hot water what the fuck am I supposed to do? And not just me all the teachers here. I will only be here for a few days but some of the teachers will be here for the duration of the vacation. Simply mind numbing the decisions the school idiots make. It is a shame that my vocabulary isnt better because I am sure there is a word for the people who decide this and I dont know it. Something that expresses utter contempt, disgust, hatred, malice, I feel towards these stupid thoughtless, dirty, cheap bastards.

On a related note I dont know how they are related except in my mind, but I stayed up late to watch Obama take the oath and give his speech. It is nice to have and articulate and intelligent person at the helm again. Good riddance to the sorry lot that were at 1600 for the last 8 years. I can not say I am sad to see them go. Nor do I wish them the best of luck. The only time I would like to hear about that group again is if they are being held accountable for their actions or hanging out with nixon, reagan and the rest of that criminal cabal.

No comments:

Post a Comment