March 19, 2011

known unknowns

So I awoke this morning and fired up the old commodore 64 and lo and behold there was an email from my work. Mind you this in and of itself is not at all noteworthy, in fact I have just over 500 emails from my work since i started working here a few months ago. The surprising thing about this email is that it informed the workers that there would be no work today. On the one hand yippee no work. On the other what the fuck 2 hours notice is all a university can manage? I think there must be something that the officials know and are planning for and dont want to have crowds. I cant imagine them just being so incompetent that they would have forgotten to tell us about a day off until the morning of. But hey I have nearly 500 other emails that can testify to their incompetence.