January 16, 2009

pandas and hotpot and sichuan oh my




so I am having a great time here in chengdu. it is not what one would call a fabulous city but it is truly an enjoyable place to spend a few days. Thus far I have seen the largest buddha in the world ( i think at least) Ill put up mpre photos I promise. You can get a sense of scale by looking at the people in red coats in the background of the pictures, not that size matters right?And pandas, both the big dirty lazy ( and quite tasty) giant black and white ones and their lesser known cousins the red (where but china are the pandas red) panda. I must say I like the reds better more active and slightly weirder, sort of an animal that defies categorization. Have had too much to drink on at least on night and plans to do the same again tonight. Had sichuan hotpot, fucking nice. And so far have been lost at some point every day. In all the only complaint I have had is that the air china website has been down and its been a real bitch for me to get tickets out of chengdu. I finally got them today and will be back in beijing for only about 15 hours before flying to zhengzhou to get a change of clothes and the its off to thailand. What a life. Beaches, grilled fish and beer. whoa is me.

No comments:

Post a Comment