May 17, 2011

and 5 more

= 79 which if the math has stayed the same as when i was a kid means i have 21 more miles.

today it is only 97 out right now and I just walked back into the house. Ah the desert.

Have i mentioned the exploding trash cans? They really make the run a good time. See there are these bright yellow trash cans that sit all over the side of the streets I run. They are roughly 55 gallon barrel sized. They are there for the residents to take their trash out and being KSA there is one about every 3 houses. It would be ok if tat were the end of the story, however it is not. See these trash cans have no lids, and KSA has few wild dogs, but they do have about a billion wild cats. Every few days when running I will run by one of these cans and out of the rubbish a cat will come flying. Seems I am just quiet enough on foot to not be noticed until I am literally on top of the trash can, thus I surprise the cat and the cat scares the hell out of me. Now it happens and then I am very wary of the next thousand trash cans I run by and sure enough no cats. Then as soon as I let my guard down and forget to be vigilant about the exploding cans out comes a cat like some demented jack-in-the-box, tear assing away dragging a plastic bag behind it. Ah the joys of running in a foreign land.