August 1, 2009

clearly a failure

So the little experiment didnt work. I cannot get my videos up to this blog. I think that I am just not cut out for this sort of technological stuff. As a side note I am again in china and the great firewall is blocking my site from me posting so again it is a hassle for me to circumvent. China is much the same as when I left there are really nice people that I deal with and then there are some rules and shit that I must follow even though I cannot understand why. Let me give you an example to illustrate my point. I have a bike. It has been sitting for the last month. It needed air in the tires so I took it to a bike shop around the corner, the same shop I go to get tune-ups. The worker filled the tires and then when I asked how much he said no money was needed. Very nice as he could have charged me a few RMB and bought lunch for himself. Then I rode my bike to the bank to change money, as I pulled up to the bank the security guard told me that I have to park my bike on the street in the median. I asked why and he of course couldnt tell me just the rules. I didnt have the bike against the bank just next to the last car parked in front of the the bank. Such a strange country. Rules must be followed. Except of course there was a bike already there. And I was only parking next to it. I asked why did that bike get to park there and the guard picked it up and moved it to the median. So I of course complied and did the same with mine. I am happy again for the self reliance and lack of responsibility that being home brings. I can go on my own schedule and I neednt worry about how to get from A to B. It is nice to be back on a bike back on my own time and back on vacation. As much as I enjoyed seeing my family it is nice to be home.

No comments:

Post a Comment