June 7, 2009

slowly

Today I tried to get a haircut from the little old guy that has a chair setup under the highway that I live near. Now that may sound strange to you who have never seen the mobile barbers of asia, but they are in most of the asian countries, innocuously tucked into a corner waiting for a fool to sit down with their long flowing locks. Now it would also seem that such a business model would be hard to make a living from right who is going to trust some guy to cut their hair under the highway? Well you would be surprised, when i arrived there was one guy getting up out of the chair, and two waiting for their turn, I got into line and began the wait. The old dude took forever, like a week to trim the hair around the ears. I sat and watched prepared to wait it out. Then came out the straight razor and suds. I kid you not. So I said to hell with it. I went out to find a real barber. Now I have seen the barber pole spinning near my house so I went to go to that place. Turns out the barber pole in china can mean anything one was a "massage" parlor the next was well I sure for the right money they would have done anything a man wanted, the next was closed(this is the only one I was sure was a barber shop). Then defeated by a slow old guy, two houses of ill repute and one closed store I finally found a barber and got a haircut. The adventures never stop.

No comments:

Post a Comment