June 12, 2009

land of the

Yesterday when I arrived into L.A. I had about an hour and a half to clear immigration and customs get to my next ticketing counter and board my last flight. Plenty of time. So my checked bag(no liquids on the plane)is the last bag out onto the conveyor belt so that killed 30 minutes of my time. Then customs and immigration. The go to another terminal. Another 10-15 minutes. Self check-in saves time right. I proceed to get the boarding pass and go to the agent to give her my bag and she tells me that i need to pay 15 dollars. Now when I bought the tickets there was no fee. Which I calmly explained to her. She being both a bitch and working at american airlines counter in l.a. got all pissy and said everyone pays. So I told her I just want to make my flight and I would deal with it later and I mentioned I was really tired from the long beijing to l.a. flight. Oh well if you are from an international flight you dont have to pay just give me the boarding pass she says. So I give her the pass from Beijing and she says I will be right back just need the manager to override the fee. 10 minutes she is gone. I now have 30 minutes until my flight leaves. She finally returns and stickers my bag and I ask will it make it onto the flight? I hope so she hisses. I leave and go towards security. First round no problems, then the waiting line and I get through the metal detector and my bag gets pulled for secondary inspection. 7 minutes later they return my bag in complete disarray. My flight is being called over the intercom while I stand and watch them patiently pick through the books and electronics I carry onto the plane. So after a mad dash a la o.j. on the old hertz commercial i run up to my gate as they call the last group to board. I made the flight and as a small favor for all the hassle I even received my checked bag on the other side. Miracles do happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment