May 25, 2009

this is the end

my friend. Today was the last real class I had to teach for the next four months. I have to be physically present for the next two weeks but after that it is splitsville for me. Dont worry though I will keep you all up to date as i meander through the wrold. In fact I purchased online a shiny new toy to take with me and help me keep connected. I will tell you what it is when i get my hands on it. I also learned today that contrary to ten plus years of studying english many of the students are unable to write any sort of reasonable sentences. I had assigned one of my classes a research paper and the vast majority of the totally bombed it, verb tense agreement, sentences with objects, the works. Just a stark reminder what I will be in for next term as I will be one of the writing teachers for the english majors. It will be an uphill battle but at least there is loads of room for improvemnet.

No comments:

Post a Comment