March 5, 2009

PPT

So I have been using powerpoint presentations in the classroom now for a few weeks and I must say I really dig them. They make the stories of history so much more interesting and it is really nice to have a map handy when there is some war or other thing that happens. The only real issue I have about the job thus far is that I never get to reteach any materials. I have only 14 hours every week but there is almost never a time when i get to use the same presentation or lesson plan. I went from planning lessons one time every two weeks to planning 5 lessons every week. I used to teach oral english only which required at most for me to make some handouts and prepare a few questions to making 3-4 presentations with images, bullet points and graphs. It is a real shift in responsibility. I feel like this week I finally got my groove and the rest of the semester will be ok. I am only not looking forward to the research papers that I assigned for the students. I am going to have to read about 100 different papers and correct them all. Should be a grading nightmare. But I did it to myself and I am actually pretty interested to see what these students write. I am actually done work for the week though I have to plan the lessons for next week. I may go out tonight and have a few cocktails but if not I will surely get to work on the PPT so I can play some soccer tomorrow. My school has a mini field that I have been aching to kick around on and it finally got a bit warmer here so I think it is about time to ply. Game On.

No comments:

Post a Comment