March 9, 2009

lotion

My kingdom for some good lotion. The spring is trying to push its way into the city and it is getting warmer and warmer here. Unfortunately as the weather warms the humidity has not gotten any better. My skin is dry. I have looked everywhere for a good lotion and the only one I can find is a baby lotion that isnt too good. I can find the expensive stuff like nivea and l'oreal but they have whiteners in them. The look of beauty here is not the same as in the west. Here the idea is, white is beautiful, pale, pasty white is best, the kind of white that we in the west would associate with being sick. I like the tan I go to the beach on my vacation to offer skin to the gods. I dont want to be pale. But I also dont want to have terrible dry skin either. So my mission for the next week or so is to find a lotion that I can use and not get even more white. I have gone to all the major stores and the ones that specialize in beauty products but to no avail. Of course there is no Body Shop here in beijing. I will keep you all up to date on the progress on my search. And the condition of my skin.

1 comment:

  1. Go to Watson's. Get the Watson's brand collagen hand lotion.

    ReplyDelete