February 24, 2009

shout it out

Just want to start by giving a little shout out to my father sister and niece. They all got a little older in the past few days and I want to take the time to tell them happy birthday and best wishes for the year that is in front of them.

Ok. enough with the family and wishy washy crap. What do I want to tell you about today. Ah the level of ineptness that seems to be all about. So i mentioned yesterday that I had a fairly long talk with the FAO and had asked about the other facilities at the college. I learned from a student that there is a library. So I was sort of feeling that the orientation wasnt up to snuff. After a moments thought the FAO told me well you know where the classrooms are and you know where you live so that pretty much covers it what else do you want to know? Oh jeez let me think? Anything that may make my life here easier, lets start with a copy machine. Where is there one? And water how do I get a new 20L bottle? And any other fucking information that I may want to know. Blank looks. So I said ok if you think thats all then ok. Well today after class I go to the school canteen to have lunch, and I try to pay with cash. Oh sorry no cash you must have a card. Well if that doesnt beat all. So as I am going back to my home I happen to run into the FAO and mention that the canteen doesnt accept cash. She says of course not use your card. What card I ask? She says you dont have one? Like where in the name of all things holy would I have gotten a card? I say no where do I get on. She says in the FAO office. I thought to myself someday the world will pay you back. I may not believe in karma but nobody that inept can continue unscathed. I had lunch and took a nap. Now I feel much better.

1 comment: