October 5, 2010

work

So this is it. I have begun to get everything in order for my next adventure. I will be going to Saudi Arabia for at least one year possibly more. I am actually really excited. I will have lots of stuff to learn all new ways to try and not offend others, and plenty of time to not be drunk. Its funny but the last one is actually the least of my concerns, dont get me wrong I love the booze. All of it. Every kind. Bar none. But i dont need it. Yes it is true I am fond of relaxing with a glass or thirty but I can find other ways to occupy my time. The only question I have is what does the rest of the world drink with dinner? If there is no beer then is it just water? Is hot tea really appropriate for dinner? Can there be so few other choices. Do they sell kool-aid in Saudi Arabia? I dont really like soda the exceptions being tonic water (w/gin), coke (w/rum), soda water ((w/vodka) so i guess ice tea or water it is for me. But getting to know some arabic and seeing islam up close should be interesting. wish me luck and ill be picking p posting more in the new job