August 6, 2009

bali

Went to bali and was a bit disappointed. the waves were nice and all but really it was a bit crowded and there were too many people surfing for me to try to go out and get my groove on. It says something about a place when the entire stretch of beach was lined with the vendors , not fruit or trinkets but surf boards. now do you really expect me and this temple i have to climb into the water with the riff raff that rents surf boards for a weekend visit? All I could imagine was an errant surfer getting on a wave too big for his rookie ass and crashing into me so i left the beach and headed into the mountains much nicer up here less people less to doi and overall less expensive.Think I will enjoy the few days I have here just a lot of walking and looking and figuring out what it is I want to do next. Hopefully there will be time enough to hit a beach and relax but if not thats ok I am trying to learn to take it easy and harbor less expectations. Life I think is about learning, I am not finished yet just have to remember that.