April 7, 2011

on you marks, get set, no.

I realize that there is the old saying about right hands knowing what the left hand is doing, but today the university made it abundantly clear that they have developed this to an entirely new level. There were as always a slew of emails sent out and there was one that had dire warning about turning in some of the grades that the teachers have been holding onto. We have had theses particular grades for more than two months at this point, so presumably they are not actually that important for any real reason.The email said if these grades were not submitted within the next two days there would be some kind of portal opening causing a doomsday scenario ending all life. This is just my paraphrasing of the email but you get the gist. The very next email sent not more than 20 minutes later from another department was about how the website which the teachers use to submit the grades was having work done and thus can not be accessed for a few days. Pure joy. Things like this make me so happy I can barely contain myself. I dont think it could be planned any better. I have actually watched TV shows where the comedic timing was less well developed. I am hoping for the next email to be about how no teachers completed the absolute necessary tasks and how we all have to do some sort of penance.